- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
Smart TVs like Samsung, Sony, VIZIO, Toshiba and Roku TV will be compatible. Similarly, you can stream Plex on gaming consoles like PlayStation 3, 4, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Media types like MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, DIVX, MP3, M4A, FLAC, WMA, JPG, PNG, RAW, TBN and more are compatible to stream on Plex player.
Desktops with the operating system such as Windows, OS X, Linux, NVIDIA SHIELD, Netgear, Drobo, and Synology will help you to install the Plex Media Server.
You will view the tabs that are mentioned below in the Plex dashboard
This tab will consist of the shows which you left off in the middle that you can resume watching
This tab will have the complete episodes of each and every season that will be readily available to play the next episode right after you complete the current episode
The contents that are new to the Plex app will be visible in this tab and it will consist of all media types
- Television shows
- Live TV & DVR
- Web shows
Moreover, these media types will have sub-categories like recently released movies, top movies by Ridley Scott, top movies in action, recently aired TV, most played, rediscover and more.
- If you are not interested in acquiring the Plex Pass, you can watch it for free as the primary functionality doesn’t even cost a penny
- News, podcasts and your own media are available to stream for free
- You need to acquire a Plex Pass subscription to unlock a few contents which are basically available through in-app purchase
- You can edit the Home screen and reorder the app resides in it easily. This feature is solely available in Android, iOS and PlexTV Go Roku apps
- Just click on the Reorder Home screen button on the main menu and drag to arrange the apps as you like
- You also have to option to remove rows that you don’t wish to keep it in your home screen
Lifetime – $119.99 USD
Yearly – $39.99 USD
Monthly – $4.99 USD
Before you acquire the subscription, you can make use of the Plex Roku free trial for thirty days.
Advanced features of Plex subscription
Apart from the benefits mentioned, you will also acquire certain features solely dedicated to users who have a Plex pass subscription and they are given below.
- Parental control will restrict the contents that you share
- Premium Music libraries with better art, bios, lyrics and more
- It is possible to watch your contents offline by syncing Plex to a mobile device
Moreover, you can store the contents on Google Drive, Dropbox and Box using Cloud Sync
Here is the complete procedure to add or remove your favorite Plex TV channels and before we move on, let’s check out Plex web app which is essential for including and eliminating channels from PlexTV Go Roku.
Plex web app
- You can either host from the plex.tv website or launch via Plex media server. However, experts suggest using the hosted web app which will have the most recent software version
- Open any browser and enter the URL app.plex.tv/desktop and sign in with your Plex account
- Now click Launch button on the page and you will get to view the Plex web app loading on the screen
- Fox News
- AJ+,Sky News
Create Plex Home
Launch the Plex web app and go to Settings -> Home Users. Now you need to click “Add an existing Plex User” or “Create a Managed User” which will send an invitation to the particular user. If creating Plex Home is successful, you will find the info Window popping up on your screen and click Ok
Fast User Switching
Switching accounts is one of the features that you can avail on Plex Home and lets you switch between the Plex Home members. Just tap on Account menu on your Plex Web App and enter the PIN code if you have one. If you are using Plex Media Player, just click on the Switch User option under the Account menu.
Difference between regular users and Managed Users
Like all Plex accounts, managed users should have an active Plex pass subscription. Sign in to Plex app as a regular or full member. Unlike the regular Plex users, managed users don’t require a unique username, email address or password. Moreover, managed users cannot share contents outside Plex Home or run Plex media server individually.
How to exit from Plex Home?
Click Settings -> Home Users -> Leave Home. If the admin of Plex Home leaves, it will remove the Home account completing and results in deleting the existing managed users.
- Asustor (Intel, ARM)
- QNAP (Intel, ARM)
- Synology (Intel, ARM)
- TerraMaster (Intel)
- Western Digital MyCloud
- Drobo (ARM)
- NetgearReadyNAS (Intel, ARM)
- Seagate (Intel, ARM)
- unRAID (Intel)
Plex media server
Install the Plex media server on your desktop and include the contents that you’d love to watch from anywhere. Now you can download the Plex app on any devices like mobile phones, tablets, desktop or streaming player
The Plex media server will track the contents you stream. The next time you log into Plex, a status indicator “watched” will be available that lets you know about what you haven’t watched. You can also resume the shows from where you left off previously. Keep track of your favorite shows.
After downloading the media server, run the .exe file and tag along with the onscreen prompts. Finally, click Launch and then tap on Open Plex option,Then Enjoy you favorite movies and TV Shows,music and photos anytime, anywhere. We will be using Windows Standard.
Go to the Plex Downloads page and to acquire Plex Media Server for free download. Download the server that is compatible with your computer OS such as Windows, MAC OS X, Linux, Compatible NAS devices. In the meantime, install the Plex app on the desktop, mobile phones or connected devices.
You will find the .zip file under the Downloads folder which you have to unzip before proceeding with the Plex media server setup. Now drag the Plex media server app to the Applications folder and launch the app. Click Open Plex to complete the setup on a successful note.
PlexTV Go Roku activation
- Navigate to the Roku channel store and search for “PlexTV Go Roku” if you don’t have the app on your Roku home screen. Add the channel and launch once the installation is complete to move forward in the channel setup
- You will acquire the Plex activation code and now it’s time to visit the plex.tv/link website to enter the code. Before furnishing the Plex activation code in the website, ensure that you have signed in with the Plex account
- Hang around for a few seconds and check whether the PlexTV Go Roku is available on your streaming player. If the code for Plex TV link not working or expired, click on the Star button to acquire a fresh code